Error Logs....and so the odyssey begins...

Error Logs....and so the odyssey begins...

Postby Waybos » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Patrick,

Finally got my new pc at work. Running win7 64bit. Downloaded installer from cadtempo website and installed it.

Now lets get cracking.....
Refer to attached pics.
*File Details Error* - I created the files, closed my ACAD session, opened Viewer, ticked the three files, with 02.dwg highlighted. *Pop*....error. I the un-ticked all files and highlighted 02.dwg, same error pops up.
*Folder Contents error* - Created the file, Saved my drawings in it, started viewer, ticked DWG Temp, clicked on folder contents... *Pop*....error.
*Report MontoSat* - Opened Viewer, selected reports, Monday to Friday in a row, then Saturday and Sunday in it's own row. Also note the Viewing File window.

That's it for now, will continue to do checks.

Regards
Wayne
Attachments
Report MontoSat.jpg
Report MontoSat.jpg (152.84 KiB) Viewed 8888 times
Folder Contents error.jpg
Folder Contents error.jpg (200.65 KiB) Viewed 8888 times
File Details error.jpg
File Details error.jpg (199.37 KiB) Viewed 8888 times
Waybos

Re: Error Logs....and so the odyssey begins...

Postby Patrick Hughes » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Wayne,

Regarding the display in the *Report MontoSat*:

I've not figured out yet why it is doing that (it is a known issue). It will draw itself correctly if you drag the divider bar so that all of the days are visible in the grid. Note: nearly all panels are sizable.

The spreadsheet groups the grid display by separate weeks. If you would like to see them horizontally you can change the Max Day Columns to 14 or 21... etc. It increments by 7.

Regarding the errors, I'll have to look into them. It may be related to the short file names. If you try it with longer file name (greater than perhaps 4 or 5 characters) and see the problem let me know. Again I will see what I can see regardless.

I've been limping along with some video issues which don't seem to want to be fixed.
Patrick Hughes

http://www.engds.com
Patrick Hughes

Postby Waybos » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Patrick,

ACACDE Startup popped up when I started AutoCAD Electrical this morning. I closed down ACADE and restarted it with no error msg this time. Then closed down ACADE, ended the proses tree for CADtempo with task manager and restarted CADTempo and ACADE. Still no error msg this time on startup. I sent my pc into hiberanation yesterday when I left work and don't know if this might be what triggered this.

Then tragically the following errors popped up regarding File & Folder details. I thought it might have been due to the calendar range being out of date, so closed the viewer and re-opened it, set the correct calendar range, but no luck...

Oh, I did download the updated viewer and copied it over. I'll restart the machine and see if it helps....will let you know.

Kind regards.
Wayne
Attachments
Folder_contents_error.JPG
Folder_contents_error.JPG (244.7 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
File Details Error2.JPG
File Details Error2.JPG (244.58 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
ACADE startup.JPG
ACADE startup.JPG (20.23 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
Waybos

Postby Waybos » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Patrick,

Restarted. No error messages when ACADE is started. Set the correct date range, selected First file in folder and clicked on file details. Everything seems to have worked fine, but when I select another drawing ( Drawing1.dwg) in the same folder and click on the File Details Button, the error message pops up. Hope it helps to narrow down the possible solutions.

Kind regards
Wayne
Attachments
FileDetailsError.JPG
FileDetailsError.JPG (239.07 KiB) Viewed 8848 times
Waybos

Postby Patrick Hughes » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Hello Wayne,

Regarding the hibernation, I have attempted to account when Windows shuts down under varying conditions, but that is not to say there may be other considerations that may need to be looked at, which I will.

I'll continue to try to isolate the problem you are seeing. I did discover an oversight with the last copy I uploaded - it is not showing the accumulate day hours in the lower grid - that may be a contributing factor. I'll try to get another file uploaded tomorrow, Wed.
Patrick Hughes

http://www.engds.com
Patrick Hughes

Return to CadTempo