CadTempo Display Timer

CadTempo Display Timer

Postby Lineabove » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 am

Patrick, here is a screenshot from the Display Timer.
Opened with no drawing current.

Please note the formatting of the horizontal dashed line overflows into a second line.
My display resolution is 1920 x 1200 if that helps/explains.

Mel
Attachments
Capture 01.JPG
Screenshot of Display Timer
Capture 01.JPG (31.16 KiB) Viewed 11219 times
Lineabove

Re: CadTempo Display Timer

Postby Lineabove » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Patrick, I have just started using the Display Timer and I think it is great.

Is there any possibility to have a different ICON for the Display Timer so I can park both CAd Tempo and the Display Timer side by side in my Windows 7 Taskbar.
Lineabove

Postby Lineabove » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Another question please,

Looking at the attached Screenshot and even the previous screenshot please note that it states:
No Document

At the time I used the CadTempo Task Timer I had an AutoCAD drawing open.
The Current Task is shown.

Is this the intended information which is shown ?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (33.12 KiB) Viewed 11211 times
Lineabove

Postby Patrick Hughes » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 am

I'm pleased to hear you like the timer display.

Lineabove wrote:Please note the formatting of the horizontal dashed line overflows into a second line.
My display resolution is 1920 x 1200 if that helps/explains.

Thanks for pointing that out Mel. CadTempo uses the Windows API called (of all things) "MessageBox". On my development system an unlimited string length is allowed - you may remember seeing messages from some software the stretches across the screen.

I will have to investigate if Win 7 introduced a limitation and if the length exceeds a certain amount the text will wrap. (The bar is simply a number of hyphens).

Lineabove wrote:Is there any possibility to have a different ICON for the Display Timer so I can park both CAd Tempo and the Display Timer side by side in my Windows 7 Taskbar.

I'm not 100% certain what you mean here Mel. I'm guessing that you are referring to the CadTempo Task Timer Icon and also the Display Timer. I'll have to take a look into an improvement here.

Lineabove wrote:Looking at the attached Screenshot and even the previous screenshot please note that it states:
No Document

At the time I used the CadTempo Task Timer I had an AutoCAD drawing open.
The Current Task is shown.

I confess that CadTempo may at times be a little finicky. The methods I use to determine the current document rely upon certain events within Windows. In some cases CadTempo may be busy doing something while an event occurs and the event may end up not being noticed. There may be other factors involved as well.

I am aware of the shortcoming and I am approaching a resolution to those issues and will be included in an update. Soon, I plan.

Lineabove wrote:Is this the intended information which is shown ?

Yes.
Patrick Hughes

http://www.engds.com
Patrick Hughes

Postby Lineabove » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 am

Re: the ICON
Please see attached Capture.jpg
There are 2 CADTempo ICONS (with the hour glass) side by side - The on on the left is CadTempo - Task Timer
The one on the right is CadTempo Display Timer

It would be nice if there was some difference in the icons so that you may distinguish which is which.

Also, I find this morning that the Display Timer has picked up the current Project.
See attached Capture2.jpg
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (40.6 KiB) Viewed 11209 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (21.97 KiB) Viewed 11209 times
Lineabove

Postby Lineabove » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 am

Patrick,

Just had a thought...
Waht if instead of playing around with the ICONS...

Is it possible to add another button to the CadTemp - Task Timer ie: Show Disply Timer
Please see my crude attempt. Capture.jpg
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.66 KiB) Viewed 11208 times
Lineabove

Postby Patrick Hughes » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:23 am

I can certainly keep either of those suggestions in mind for a future update.

Just as an aside I might add, I attempt to keep my programs as compact as possible - I abhor bloatware and I go to extremes to keep file sizes down. It presents challenges to implement some things (such as multiple icons) but I am always up to a challenge.

Thanks for your ideas. I love to hear 'em.
Patrick Hughes

Patrick Hughes

Postby Patrick Hughes » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:00 pm

The most recent update now includes the option to display the timer when a Task timer is prompting the user.

Because some CAD managers or supervisory staff may not want their users to have the option of displaying the document timer the button for the "Display Timer" can be supressed.

In Options>>Settings>>Task Logger you can uncheck "Allow Display Timer" This will remove the button from the Task prompt.

Regarding the display of the icons in your task bar I am not certain if they will appear as separate icons. It may depend on the OS or other system settings.

On my Windows 7 machine only one icon displays and when I hover I can select either of the windows (Task prompt or Timer Display"
Patrick Hughes

Patrick Hughes

Return to CadTempo