Time display

Time display

Postby Lineabove » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:10 am

When looking at CadTempoView...
Selecting to display by "Days", it occured to me that the "day" used is your typical 24 hr day.

BUT
Under "All Users" we are able to determine the "Default Day Hours" ie: an 8 hr day.

It seems to me that it would be more appropriate to have the time displayed in CadTempoView with the "Default Day Hours", meaning that if you worked on a project for 24 hrs and the default "day" was 8 hrs, then the time logged would show 3 days. (Instead of 1 calendar day).

I am curiuos what other users may think about this.
Lineabove

Re: Time display

Postby Patrick Hughes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:31 pm

You are correct, the "Days" display is based on the 24 hour day clock.

I can see how some confusion might enter the picture about the "Default Day Hours" - I'll explain.

The default day hours is actually meant to be used as a default value for when a user is automatically added to the list of users for purposes related to Session time accumulation, to get an idea of working time throughout the day or week.

It originally defaults to 8 hours, a common work day for the American worker. If it is more typical that users are expected to work 9 hours per day it can be adjusted to 9 and that will be the hours assigned to new users as they are added.

If a particular user is part time and is expected to work only 4 hours per day that user's value can be changed to 4 by right clicking on the user name and that value will also be reflected in the Session report spreadsheet.

In a multi-user environment you will see each users percentage of recorded session time to the expected work day/week.

I hope that information is helpful, but I can see that a clarification in the program is needed.
Patrick Hughes

http://www.engds.com
Patrick Hughes

Postby Lineabove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:05 am

... if I am asked how long it took for a project and I answer 5 "days", my 5 days = 8hrs X 5days = 40 hrs

The calendar day of 24 hrs is not as important as the "working" day when dispalyed in CadTempo View.
Lineabove

Postby Patrick Hughes » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:56 pm

I'll give this some consideration for a future update. Perhaps a toggle to allow display of "working Days"/
Patrick Hughes

http://www.engds.com
Patrick Hughes

Postby Lineabove » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Thank you for the consideration Patrick.

I am interested if any other users would comment on the Time display.
Lineabove

Return to CadTempo