[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1024: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1024: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:1)
Engineered Design Solutions • View topic - RecentDoc.txt

RecentDoc.txt

RecentDoc.txt

Postby Lineabove » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 am

Hi Patrick,

Inside the C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Engds\CadTempo\Logs folder I find the file named RecentDocs.txt.

May I ask the purpose of this file?

Mel Rosenow
Lineabove

Re: RecentDoc.txt

Postby Patrick Hughes » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi Mel,

The purpose of RecentDocs.txt is twofold.

1) It helps the logger program find the current drawing after you open it and avoids adding load to the CPU.

2) It aids you in filtering and finding the files you recently worked on in the viewer.- In the left hand navigator bar: Files>>Explorer View "Most Recent" It collapses the tree, then will only display the tree braches (as you expand the tree) to those folder and files that are listed in in RecentDocs.txt
Patrick Hughes

http://www.engds.com
Patrick Hughes

Postby Lineabove » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Very good.
I will keep the file.

Is there a maximum size to the file?

Mel Rosenow
Lineabove

Postby Patrick Hughes » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 pm

No,

It will get trimmed based on your options settings: Options>>Settings>>Logger Settings "Days in Most Recent"

If you were to delete it or remove entries it would get recreated as files are discovered by the logger.
Patrick Hughes

Patrick Hughes

Postby Lineabove » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:39 pm

I am always learning...
Lineabove

Postby Lineabove » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 am

I am curious if the RecentDocs.txt file could be tied into the Task Timer to provide a drop down list.

For example:
Enter a Task Name: (I enter, DESIGN, PERMIT DRAWINGS, etc...)
Additional Task Info: (This is where I add the Project Name - a drop down list of recent projects would be helpful)

OR
Create another txt file of items entered under the "Additional Task Info" to be used as the drop down box, similar to the ActivityList.txt or TaskList.txt, ie: ProjectList.txt
Lineabove

Postby Patrick Hughes » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Mel.

I have planned on expanding that type of functionality. It may not make it any time soon but it will definitely get in there. I hadn't thought about a tie in with recentdocs but that may hold some potential.
Patrick Hughes

Patrick Hughes

Return to CadTempo